Overland Truck Charters in Africa
Whether you have a school group, a large family group or a special interest group, overland truck charters can be tailor made to suit every requirement.
Keep in mind that June to October is high season for scheduled Overland trips and charter trucks are in very short supply. Try and organize your holidays outside of these dates if you can.
Contact us to discuss your overland tour charter in Africa.
Conditions of Charter 2017-2018
1/ COST PER CHARTER:
US $ 550 per day (+18% VAT)
US $ 450 (+18% VAT) for charters of 7 days or more.
2/ INCLUDED IN PRICE OF CHARTER:
3/ NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE OF CHARTER
VAT at 18%; National Park and Conservancy area entry and camping fees of crew and truck; safari meals of Rumangabo crew, etc.
– Should the government increase taxes or introduce new taxes, Falcon Safaris reserves the right to modify the rates.
– The Client will pay Falcon Safaris crew’s entry into National Parks, their camping fees and meals during the itinerary.
– Fuel: the price of the charter has been calculated using the price of fuel at US$ 0.85/per litre. Falcon Safaris will cover any fuel increase up to 10%. Any increase in excess of 10% will be passed on to the client.
– Tents included in the charter price are 2.1m x 2.1m x 1.5m. Bigger tents are available on request.
– Liability insurance is available for groups over 20 passengers. Please ask for a quote.
– Additional crew will be charged at the following rate: cook: 25US$/day; assistant cook: 15US$/day.
4/ PAYMENT SCHEDULE
On receipt of a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of US$550 in the Falcon Safaris bank account the charter will be confirmed.
The remaining balance should be received in the Falcon Safaris account 30 days before the start of the trip. If payment is not received the charter is understood to be cancelled.
All payments should be made to: Falcon Safaris Ltd. Account Nº: 1059562 . Barclays Bank, Livingstone Branch, Zambia. Swift: BARCZMLX
5/ COOKING AND CAMPING EQUIPMENT:
The client will be responsible for the cooking equipment while on tour. The CLIENT will check all equipment at the beginning of the tour, filling in a check list provided by FALCON SAFARIS. The CLIENT and the FALCON SAFARIS crew leader will both sign the check list. At the end of the tour, the equipment will be checked again. Any missing or damaged equipment will be noted and the CLIENT and the FALCON SAFARIS crew leader will sign the check list. Any loss or damage to equipment during the trip will be replaced or paid for by the CLIENT.
6/ RELATIONSHIP DRIVER & CLIENT
The Falcon Safaris driver will work as a team with the CLIENT. The driver is in charge of, and has the final say, regarding roadworthiness of vehicle, the number of hours at the wheel and the suitability of roads for the vehicle. Please note Falcon Safaris has a strict policy of NO NIGHT DRIVING, so the client must plan all days accordingly.
7/ SUBSTITUTE VEHICLE
In the event of breakdown or invalidity of vehicle for any reason, FALCON SAFARIS will provide/pay for a suitable replacement vehicle(s).
8/ CANCELLATION POLICY
In the case of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
a) 31 days or more before the start of the trip: the company will retain/charge the US$550 non- refundable deposit.
b) Between 30 and 8 days before the start of the trip: the company will retain/charge 75% of charter fee.
c) 7 days or fewer days before the start of the trip: 100% of charter fee.