Changa Safari Camp is a bright and beautiful spot on life’s demanding horizon, a place of romance and luxury that promises peace and seclusion in an unusual blend of landscapes.
Here on the shores of Lake Kariba, with the Matusadona mountains in view, the proximity to nature and true wilderness is unparalleled… four and a half kilometers of shoreline on a private concession ensure that this luxurious tented camp becomes a relaxing remote retreat.
Each day ends with a sundowner on the shore, elephants chomping nearby, a fish eagle marking the moment perfectly… later, tales of excitement are shared with laughter around the fire, and a delicious dinner is the time for tomorrow’s game drive and picnic plans to be discussed. The pace is set by you.
Explore More of Changa
Changa provides a base in which to immerse yourself; it’s off the beaten track, away from it all and intriguingly secluded in the heart of an interesting and diverse eco-system, partly man-made, partly formed over centuries. The breathtaking blend of bush, mountains and water in this special spot makes Changa an absolute must on your travel list.
“Take with you an abiding memory of the serenity of Changa’s remote setting, on a lake whose great expanse emphasises the exceptional seclusion of the camp…”
Each luxury en suite tent is decorated tastefully and with unique African influences, from rustic wood to leather and woven basketry, crisp white linen to locally crafted furniture.
All tents are mosquito-proofed and there are fans for your comfort during the hot months.
We have 6 double en suite tented rooms with private veranda, outdoor bath and shower as well as 2 family tents, also with private veranda, outdoor bath and shower.
Amenities & Services Include:
• Central Guest Area – lounge/library, dining room, bar
• Swimming pool
• Main deck which leads to a lower deck, fire pit and beach
• Early morning tea/coffee is delivered to your tent at a pre-arranged time, breakfast is served al fresco, and lunches and dinners are enjoyed at private tables or around a large group table.
• Electricity in the camp – a combination of generator and solar power.
• Internet service is available and there is limited mobile phone coverage.
• Daily laundry service is available.