Chobe Chilwero, Botswana, Chobe
Located on the edge of Chobe National Park, home to the world’s largest population of elephants, is the riverside Chobe Chilwero. Sitting on a hilltop above the river with panoramic views stretching to the distant horizon, this luxurious sophisticated retreat offers discerning guests sumptuous comfort, gourmet cuisine and impeccable personalised service.
There are just fifteen cottages at Chobe Chilwero, assuring guests of seclusion and tranquillity. Each spacious en-suite cottage has a large handcrafted sunken bath and both an indoor and outdoor shower. The suites are individually decorated and tastefully designed to blend seamlessly into the surrounding landscape. The luxurious cottages have private sundowner verandahs and gardens with hammocks – perfect venues for watching the sun paint the sky as it sets across the river.
Chobe National Park offers abundant and diverse wildlife and is home to the largest concentration of elephant in Africa. During the dry season these herds, as well as large herds of buffalo, congregate along the fertile flood plains of the Chobe River. Magnificent sightings of puku, sable, giraffe and roan antelope, as well as the rare aquatic Red Lechwe and the indigenous Chobe Bushbuck are frequent. The abundant game supports a healthy population of predators, including large resident populations of lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah. The park is home to the Big Five, along with huge pods of hippo and crocodiles.
Chobe is rich in birdlife, offering over 450 species, including the rare Pel’s Fishing Owl and the distinctive, strangely beaked African skimmer.
- Child Friendly
- Game Drives
- Swimming Pool
- Wellness & Spa
- Boat excursions
- Game drives
• Children of all ages are welcome but must be under the care of their parents at all times.
• Children under the age of 16 must share accommodation with a parent.
• Families with children 5 years and younger will need to book and pay for private activities, which will be at the discretion of management.
• Children aged 11 years and under receive a discount on the adult rate.
• Malaria occurs throughout Northern Botswana, right through the year.
• Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers to Northern Botswana.
• Inoculation against Hepatitis A and typhoid is also recommended.
• Please check the visa requirements before your visit.