A mere 25 minutes from Mossel Bay in the Southern Cape, Kewna lodge can be found on the 11 000 hectare Gondwana Game Reserve. This is the only fynbos reserve in the world that is home to free roaming Big Five game, as well as being malaria free.
The elegant and luxurious Kwena Lodge is family friendly and ideally placed for guests wanting both a safari and Garden Route experience. Game rangers and hotel staff ensure guests enjoy a truly opulent African adventure.
Kwena Lodge has 14 open plan suites that come with skylights, wooden fireplaces, and en-suite bathrooms with deep baths and walk-in showers. The suites open onto private patios overlooking two waterholes and the breathtaking Outeniqua Mountains. Suites are equipped with a mini bar, tea station, telephone and safe. King and twin bed options are available upon request.
The luxury 2, 3 and 4 bedroomed private Bush Villas offer 5-star self-catering facilities for families and large groups. The thatched open-plan villas have a living room with wood fireplace, flat screen TV, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher. The luxurious bedrooms provide a quiet place to reflect, with a seating area next to a gas fireplace, private deck and spacious en-suite bathroom.
While home to the Big Five, the reserve seeks to protect and nurture endangered species, including the cheetah, cape mountain zebra and the rare black rhinoceros. Great effort has been made to re-introduce key species such as hippo and giraffe back into the area, which makes for fantastic game viewing. More than 10 species of antelope can be found at Gondwana, including kudu, eland, gemsbok, bontebok, Grey Reebok and many more.
The diverse habitats of the reserve make it a popular birding destination. Species spotted include the Denham’s bustard, Blue crane, African fish eagle, Verreauxs’ eagle, Ostrich, Secretary bird, Jackal buzzard, African stone chat, Cape grassbird, Malachite sunbird, Black crowned night heron, and Bokmakierie. The reserve is home to a healthy population of endemics such as the Cape Sugarbird, Orange Breasted Sunbird, Protea Seedeater, and Black Harrier.
- Child Friendly
- Cellphone Reception
- Game Drives
- Swimming Pool
- Wellness & Spa
- Petrol Station
- Walking safaris
- Game drives
• Internet access is available in public areas of the Lodge.
• The Kwena Lodge is willing to accommodate families with children under 12 in the private bush villas.
• Parents will need to ask the lodge manager for a children’s menu and notify them of any specific dietary requirements.
• Children under 12 years may not accompany parents for dinner in the Lodge Dining room.
• Alternatively, dinner will be arranged in the villa or the boma with their parents or babysitter.
• Reduced rates apply for children under 12 years, and children under 6 years stay free when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
• Children under the age of 4 years stay free.
• Cots and rollaway beds are available to families staying in the Bush Villas.
• Babysitting by off-duty staff is available upon request.
• For their safety, children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on game drives.