Kalahari Arms Hotel, Central Kalahari
The Kalahari Arms Hotel offers an ideal overnight stop for travellers taking the Trans-Kalahari Highway between Windhoek in Namibia and Maun, or elsewhere, in Botswana. It’s a simple hotel in the small outpost town of Ghanzi that offers a comfortable night’s stay in an area where there is relatively little by way of accommodation choices.
We recommend the Kalahari Arms Hotel to travellers on a self-drive safari between Namibia and Botswana. It’s a convenient, inexpensive and comfortable overnight break on the long drive between Windhoek and Maun or the Okavango Delta panhandle area. The facilities available in Ghanzi allow you to stock up on provisions, fill up with fuel and pick up some local currency as required.
- Location: Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Botswana
- Ideal length of stay: The Kalahari Arms Hotel is best for a quick overnight stay to break up a long drive between Windhoek and your destination in Botswana.
- Directions: The Kalahari Arms Hotel is approximately 200km from the Namibian border to the west and 300km from Maun to the northeast.
- Accessible by: Self-drive
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended: Yes
- Medical care: There is a hospital in Ghanzi.
- Dangerous animals: Low Risk
- Power supply: Mains Electricity
- Communications: You will get cell phone reception in Ghanzi and the hotel has a phone available for use on request. The town has a small internet cafe.
- TV & radio: Each room has a TV and the choice of satellite channels.
- Water supply: Mains