Little Mombo- Okavango Delta
Little Mombo is situated on Mombo Island, adjoining the northern tip of Chief’s Island, Okavango and is within the Moremi Game Reserve in northern Botswana.
The camp offers abundant big game viewing, arguably the best in Botswana.
Little Mombo is an extension to Mombo Camp, and is built under the shade of large shady trees and overlooks a wonderful floodplain teeming with game.
Safari Camp Description
- Dining room is under thatch raised on deck.
- Plunge pool.
- Kgotla (boma) for dining under the stars.
- Joined by raised deck to Mombo main camp.
- Three super luxury tents with 2 x ¾ twin beds in each tent on raised decks overlooking the surrounding game filled plains
( Custom-made linen enables twin beds to be converted into a king sized bed on request)
This camp can accommodate six guests plus tour leader
- En-suite bathrooms
- Entrance to tent has a door not zip
- Veranda in front of tent
- Outdoor as well as indoor showers
- Separate flush toilet
- Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent
- Sala at each tent
- One twin guide tent that is shared with Mombo Main Camp – it is the same standard as a guest tent but smaller in size
Conferencing & Facilities
Rates : all inclusive – 2016
Low Season 01 Dec – 14 June
US$ 1480 per person per night sharing
High Season 15 June – 15 November 2016
US$ 1790 per person per night sharing
E and O.E
Renowned as one of the best game areas in Africa. A predator haven with frequent excellent sightings of Lion, Leopard and Cheetah. Wild Dogs can be seen and inter-predator interaction is a feature. Plains game is prolific – Zebra, Wildebeest, Buffalo, Giraffe and all the Delta Antelopes are present in numbers. Year round birding is superb
Type – 100% Game Drives, 0% Water Activities (although guests do see water)
- Game drives via 1 x 10 seater open Land Rover for six guests on Chief’s Island and surrounding area
- Best game viewing in Botswana
- Night drives when the new Moremi Wildlife Reserve rules comes into place
- Private vehicle on request (maximum five vehicles in the concession with three primarily being used at Mombo main camp, one at Little Mombo and one available for private vehicle booking).
- Short game walks can be offered during siesta time on request. Please note that no rifles are allowed in the Park.
The dining room, pub and living area overlook the open plain in front of the camp and there is a plunge pool for relaxing in the heat of the day
Despite it’s high price Miombo and Little Miombo are booked up months in advance and are genuine ” Top ten places to visit in the world “.