Mala Mala – 16 000 hectares of the Sabi Sand’s single largest privately owned game reserve, an award winning safari destination, and an unfenced gem of densely populated lowveld. Home to various habitats, themselves host to a multitude of bird, mammal, and fish species – ranging from its Big Five territory to its twilight soaked viewing decks and luxury accommodation. Camps are decorated with genuine original bronzes and animal trophies from this area.
Mala Mala’s Main Camp stands at the forefront of its luxury accommodation options – an exclusive bush destination on the banks of the impressive Sand River. Uniquely decorated buildings, glowing in the mid-day sun, are offset by looming canopies and rolling lawns, a visual accent to the rushing river and aimlessly wandering wildlife of this area.
Accommodation is provided in luxury thatched bedrooms, featuring climate control and insect repellent, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryers, mini-bars and on-site safes, as well as direct dial telephones. The Main Camp also sports a converted disabled suite.
Mala Mala Game Reserve is proud home to more than 200 mammal species, including its Big Five population (lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and leopard), hyena and wild dog, cheetah, giraffe and various antelope, hippo, and warthog.
- Child Friendly
- Game Drives
- Swimming Pool
- Cellphone Reception
- Wellness & Spa
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Game drives
- Night drives
• Children younger than twelve years old, sharing with an adult, pay a unique child tariff at Mala Mala Main Camp.
• From five years and younger, children are not permitted in the boma during dinner, or to accompany on game drives unless the vehicle is solely booked.
• Babysitting facilities are available.
Mala Mala Reserve is located in a Malaria area, and guests are urged to consult with their GP or chemist regarding proper medication before booking accommodation here.
- Inclusions and Exclusions
• Not included are telephone and bar expenses, Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fees, and Mpumalanga Airport and intra camp transfers.