Named after the Maasai people who inhabit the area, and the Mara River, which flows through this great reserve, the Masai Mara National Reserve is world renowned as the setting of Karen Blixen’s book, “Out of Africa”. It is a land of breathtaking vistas over endless game-filled plains, known the world over for the awe-inspiring spectacle of the annual Great Migration. Whilst the migration is spectacular, the Masai Mara offers a constant flow of wildlife throughout the year.
The award-winning Olonana is a boutique tented safari camp on a private stretch of the Mara River in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara. The eco-friendly camp has earned a gold award from Ecotourism Kenya for its innovative conservation projects.
Backed by the imposing Siria escarpment, the exclusive Olonana Camp is ideally located for viewing the Great Migration between July and October each year. Attentive personalised service and scrumptious organic cuisine assure guests of an unforgettable safari experience.
- Special Offer: First Night Free at Sanctuary Olonana
• Stay 3 Nights at Sanctuary Olonana and your first night is absolutely free
• Situated in Kenya’s famed Masai Mara
• This is a saving of up to $410 per person.
- Terms and Conditions
• Valid: from the 3 – 31 January, 1 April – 20 June and 1 November – 15 December 2014
• The saving is based on two people sharing a room
• Savings amount may vary depending on season
• Children of all ages are welcome at Olonana.
• Children younger than 2 are accommodated free of charge, and children aged under 11 pay half the rate and are required to share with an adult.
• Malaria occurs throughout Kenya, right through the year.
• Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers to Kenya.
• Inoculation against Hepatitis A and typhoid is also recommended.
• Please check the visa requirements before your visit.
• The best time to visit the Masai Mara for the Great Migration is between July/early August and the end of November, although due to varying rainfall patterns, the exact timing varies from year to year.