Sabi Sands Game Reserve, the “birthplace” of sustainable wilderness tourism and development in Sub-Saharan Africa, loved by guests and staff alike as a place of wilderness, wildlife and adventure. Home to the extensive Mpumalanga cross-section of wildlife, including the Big Five and various endangered species, the park also shares 50 kilometers of its unfenced boundary line with neighbouring Kruger National Park. Animals pass casually between the two parks, unhindered and abundant.
Situated in an area teeming with so much wildlife and vegetation that it is not uncommon to spot all five members of the Big Five in one drive, Savanna Private Game Reserve forms part of the greater Sabi reserve.
The reserve’s nearby dams and the lodge’s waterholes attract numerous species for the viewing pleasure of guests, most notably the daily elephant visits in the winter.
Three Executive Suites are available for accommodation at Savanna, with tented roofs, wooden decks and private plunge pools, air conditioning, a large bedroom with lounge area, bathroom with a large bath and double shower, an outdoor shower, fully stocked mini bars and coffee stations, built in electronic safes, a telephone, and mosquito netted beds
Four Luxury en suite Suites are also provided, with tented roofs, air conditioning, a fully stocked mini bar and coffee station, built-in electronic safes, bedroom telephones, and private verandahs with fantastic panoramic views of the surrounding bush
The thatched Savanna Suite is made up of two unique, en suite bedrooms, a large lounge and dining room area, all with air conditioning, a built-in electronic safe, bedroom and lounge telephones, a bathroom with large bath and double shower, an outdoor shower, a fully stocked mini bar and coffee stations in both bedrooms, a fireplace in the lounge, fully equipped kitchen, wooden decks and private plunge pools attached to each bedroom, along with floodlit waterholes, televisions with multichannel access and DVD player/recorders, and mosquito netted bedding. Additionally, private meals can be requested in the Savanna Suite, and personal game trackers or rangers and private game vehicles are available
With over ten thousand hectares of bushveld game loves to frequent the Savanna Reserve. This includes lion, buffalo, rhino, leopard, elephant, cheetah, and hippo, among many others. There are also around 450 bird species ready to be viewed, and twice-daily game drives conducted by eager and qualified game rangers and trackers. Sabi Sands is renowned for sporting the best leopard viewing in the world.
- Game Drives
- Swimming Pool
- Local village visits
- Game drives
• The reserve does not accommodate children under the age of eight years, unless the whole camp or the whole Savanna Suite is booked.
• From eleven years and younger, children sharing with adults pay 50% of the full rate.
• All travel documents, passports and visas required to enter the country, are the guest’s personal responsibility.
• Savanna Reserve is located in a Malaria area, and guests should consult with their GP or chemist before arranging their stay there.
- Inclusions and Exclusions
• Savanna game reserve rates include three meals per day, tea and coffee making facilities, accommodation, bottled water in rooms, drinks served on game drives, and laundry services.
• Private Land Rover excursions and private dining are also available on request. Not included in the rates are curio shop and telephone expenses, airport tax and transfers to and from the lodge.