Zambezi Sun Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zambia
Situated on the Zambian side of the Zambezi and only a five minute walk from the famed “smoke that thunders” of the Victoria Falls, the Zambezi Sun Hotel is the ideal destination for experiencing this magnificent spectacle. Within earshot of the thundering Falls, the Zambezi Sun Hotel offers 212 open plan en-suite guest rooms decorated tastefully with Zambian arts and crafts. The resort offers a pool for fun and relaxing and tame herds of zebra and troops of monkeys are a delight to observe as they roam about the resort.
All rooms are air conditioned, have satellite TV and spacious bathrooms with a separate bath and shower. Each room has a private patio which overlooks either the gardens or the central swimming pool. Standard suites boast separate lounge, bedroom and dining areas, a king sized bed and en-suite with separate shower and bath. In addition, each has a private verandah for relaxing and watching the magnificent African sunset. Standard Double Rooms have separate lounge and bedroom areas, two double beds and en-suite with separate shower and bath. Standard Twin Rooms have two single beds and en-suite with separate shower and bath. Standard Queen Rooms have a queen sized bed and en-suite with separate shower and bath.
The Zambezi Sun Hotel offers two Standard Paraplegic Rooms with two single beds next to each other and en-suite with hand rails and other conveniences as well as wheel chair accessibility.
The Zambezi Sun Hotel lies in the 46-hectare Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park and overlooks the magnificent Victoria Falls. The Park is home to white rhino, various antelope, giraffe, zebra, buffalo, and all the amazing wildlife of the Zambezi River which runs through the Park. Knowledgeable guides accompany guests on exhilarating game drives in open 4×4 vehicles in the mornings and afternoons. Lucky visitors may be able to watch the visiting elephant swim back and forth across the river. Elephant Back Safaris provide guests an opportunity to interact with and ride the majestic elephant and view the beautiful riverine scenery from the heights of these grand mammals. If horseback riding is preferred, experienced riders will guide guests of all riding abilities, however, riders must be 12 years or older.
The Chobe National Park in Botswana is only an hour by road and organised safaris include a private boat across the Zambezi River and a game drive into the Park.
- Child Friendly
- Game Drives
- Swimming Pool
- Wellness & Spa
- Boat excursions
- Elephant interactive experience
- Walking safaris
- Helicopter flights
• Victoria Falls is an ideal year round destination with two distinct seasons.
• ust after the rainy season from February to May the Falls are at their fullest with the majestic spray from the Falls often rising up to 450 metres in the air.
• July to September and December to February the Falls are at their lowest offering fantastic photography opportunities.
• Game viewing is best in the drier months of July to October as the game congregates at waterholes and the bush is less dense making spotting easier.
• For the adrenaline minded, August to December is the best time for White Water rafting as the lower water levels allow for exciting adventures on the mighty Zambezi River.
• Malaria occurs throughout Zambia, right through the year.
• Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for all travellers to Zambia.
• Inoculation against Hepatitis A and typhoid is also recommended.
• Tetanus and hepatitis vaccinations are recommended.