Lake Kariba is one of Africa’s best kept secrets. A guide to activities, fishing, houseboat rentals and lodgings along the shoreline.
When to go
All year round, but it gets very hot from September to February
Ideal times are April to August unless you wish to tiger fish then September / October is best
At a Glance – Accommodation Options for Lake Kariba
- Charara 27 kms from Kariba
Safari Lodges -Full Board
- Safari Lodges at Matusadona Park
Western side of Kariba
What to See and Do – Lake Kariba
|Lake Kariba – Zimbabwe
Charara: 4 x seperate Complexes
38 kms from Kariba – Four holiday complexes (timeshare) for relaxing, fishing and just chilling out in a game park with the lake as a backdrop.
From luxury to fishing accommodation.
Photo -Kariba Dam wall with flood gates open – taken March 2010
• Kariba is four and half hours by tarred road (365km) from Harare
• Lusaka airport in Zambia is a 2.5 hr drive on a tarred road
• A tarred road from Kariba via Zambia to Livingstone is about an 8 hour journey
• The Kariba Car Ferry, which sails the length of Kariba, provides a means of travel to and from Victoria Falls via Mlibizi, usually only during the holiday periods