One of the most exhilarating travels experiences a person may have been camping in the Okavango Delta. The Okavango Delta Camping Safari will put you in the middle of one of Southern Africa’s most desolate locations. Compared to city life, the Okavango Delta has a slower pace of life. In the Delta, people spend their days actively searching for uncommon animal encounters and absorbing the calm beauty of this secluded area.
What Makes A Camping Safari Unique?
A camping safari is one of the most unique ways to experience the area that you visit. All safaris provide you with the chance to see the local wildlife, but they vary in terms of where you stay.
Most itineraries begin with game drives, which involve traveling through wildlife preserves in an off-road vehicle or bus in search of the Big Five.
After finishing the wildlife drive, visitors will return to their lodge. Now imagine if you didn’t have to go back to the lodge and you pitched up camp right in the preserve’s interior, staying overnight and under the stars in the wilderness.
Now imagine setting up camp in the Okavango Delta and all its beauty. With the raw and authentic sounds of the night.
Numerous camping opportunities are available in the Okavango Delta, enabling tourists to take advantage of the wonder of the Okavango. The Moremi Game Reserve and the delta’s interior both provide a variety of fantastic camping locations.
Safety Precautions While Camping
The Okavango Delta is a huge area, so camping trips need to be logistically well-planned. It’s also a good idea to contact a local tour operator and follow some basic safety precautions. Always make sure someone is aware of your plans and that you are carrying a communication device.
What You Will Experience
- You will therefore be surrounded by animals and their natural surroundings. Most of the camps in the Delta are unfenced and created with the intention of minimizing disruption to the native wildlife. You must therefore be ready for some up-close experiences with a variety of wild animals.
- You will get to experience the enchantment of the delta after dark. Listening to nature’s sounds and the swift howling of the wind.
- Stargazing at night is one of the biggest highlights of the camping safari. You immediately get immersed in a whole new world and at some point, become one with nature.
- Camping creates an intimate experience and allows you to detox yourself from the pressures of city life. Imagine sitting around the campfire, feeling warm and roasting s’mores or marshmallows, telling jokes, stories, and old folktales. You will not understand the peace this brings to you unless you try it.
- You also get to see both the beautiful African sunrise and sunsets uninterrupted as well as the birds that fill up the sky at different times of the day. Camping will also give you an insight into how the local communities lived in the area, giving you a cultural insight into the area as well.
Camping options in Okavango Delta
Okavango Delta Camping Safari is a must-try activity. Camping options can vary and can be customized to suit your budget, needs, or length of stay. You can choose from multi-day safaris or even just a single-night camping expedition. Get in touch with us and we will help you plan the ultimate Okavango Camping safari.
Let’s go Camping!
An Okavango camping safari may be the best option for you if you enjoy camping or simply want to keep the cost of your trip down. A professional organizer will offer a convenient setup with top-notch tents, a dining tent, a campfire, delicious food, and little bother. It’s the finest way to experience the atmosphere of a safari and to truly feel a part of nature.