The spectacular Victoria Falls is one of the world’s seven natural wonders along the course of the Zambezi River. The natives there named the falls Mosi-oa-Tunya meaning “The Smoke That Thunders”. The growing number of Victoria Falls Activities has seen it become one of the popular destinations in Africa for adrenaline junkies.
Do you want to experience nature’s beauty along with many other seasonal adventure activities? We will take you through a list of Victoria Falls Adventure Activities that will keep you thrilled and make this one of your memorable trips. So, let’s take a look at all the fun-filled activities that make Victoria Falls a must-see destination.
1. Devils Pool (Livingstone Island)
Devils Pool is a natural pool right at Victoria Falls’ edge. You can swim to the edge of the fall and take a dive into the Devil’s pool. Visit Livingstone Island from the Zambian side and explore the mighty falls from where the Scottish discoverer first viewed the falls.
The safety briefing is given by the guides before you take on this Victoria Falls Activity. But the drop from the pool is over 100 meters. So, you need to be a confident swimmer too. Saying that needless to say that this is one of the most wildest and invigorating experiences of one’s lifetime.
- The best time to visit the Victoria Falls Devil’s Swim is mid –august to mid-January when the levels of water are low.
- The cost starts from around $170 per adult.
- The duration of a visit is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- A minimum of 1 and a Maximum of 20 clients are allowed per group.
So, get a more personalized experience with us by swimming to the edge of Victoria Falls to witness its grandeur.
2. Bungee Jumping Over Zambezi River
The place you visit while going for the Bungee Jumping activity is Victoria Falls Bridge. If you are a brave heart then you must definitely try this iconic 4 seconds of free fall from the bridge.
Imagine leaping from the bridge against the backdrop of Victoria Falls and nose-diving towards the Zambezi River. This is definitely a dream for any thrill-seeker.
- The price of a bungee jump starts from around $200 per adult.
- Bungee Jumping takes place each day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. But it requires good weather to carry on this activity.
- The peak season to visit Victoria Falls for bungee jumping activity is May to October.
- This Victoria Falls activity is not recommended for travellers with back issues and anyone having serious ailments like blood pressure and heart disease.
Hence, if you are an adrenalin junkie, do not keep the adventure awaiting.
3. Zip Line
Victoria Falls is the proud keeper of the longest Zip Line in the world. Just picture that you are travelling at a speed of 106 km racing 425 m across the gorge. Isn’t it an exhilarating experience?
In a zip line, the cable is put in an angle so that once you are launched, you accelerate downhill over the water.
Irishimp17 describes her experience as “What a rush! This was in such a beautiful location over the Zambezi River. It went so fast that I wish I’d taken the time to enjoy the view more. “
- It costs around $127 per person.
- The zip line activity can be done all year round. But the weather should be permitted.
- The duration of the activity is 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- It is recommended that travelers must have a moderate fitness level.
- The minimum age limit is 6 years. But children below 16 years are allowed only at parents’ discretion.
They are faster and safer and most seekers of adventures can go and try it any day of their life without fear. They are that good!
4. White Water Rafting
White water rafting was one of the first fascinating activities to start in Victoria Falls in the 1980s. The Zambezi River shows off one the most spectacular white waters in the world with grade 4 and grade 5 rapids. Travellers around the world came to witness one of the best rafting experiences in the world.
In fact, you are going to witness butterflies in your stomach while you successfully paddle through the rapid.
- The Price for rafting starts from around $120 per adult.
- The best time to go rafting is during the low-water season (August to December).
- The duration of the visit is around 6 hours and 30 minutes.
- The minimum age to participate in rafting is 15 years.
- 99% of travelers to this place have recommended trying white water rafting.
If you are a thrill enthusiast, then this is a must-try for you. We guarantee that your experience will be action-packed as well as beautiful.
5. Victoria Falls Canopy Tour
One of the most unique Victoria Falls Adventure Activities has to be the canopy tour. It’s a high-wire activity that allows you to zip-line within the canopy. You can absorb the views around the Zambezi River, Victoria Falls Bridge, and the spray of Victoria Falls.
This Canopy Tour is perfect for all members of families including kids and seniors.
Our traveler 100 % recommends this activity. One traveler goes on to say “We have lovely views of the gauge and Zambezi River, as well as getting an adrenaline boost from the zip wires.”
- The costs start at around $64 per person.
- Victoria Falls canopy tour runs throughout the year. But when the weather is windy then the activity is restricted.
- The tour takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The minimum age to take part in the canopy tour is 6 years.
If you love mild adventure, then this activity is for you. You can check our packages and take a canopy tour around Victoria Falls and you will love nature more.
6. High Wire Activities- Flying Fox
The famous high-wire activities of Victoria Falls like the flying fox make it the adventure hub of Africa. It’s a low–key adventure activity where you are glided along a horizontal cable while clipped onto the harness.
The flying fox activity lets you enjoy the views of Victoria Falls and the Zambezi River while soaring across superman style.
- The cost starts from around $53.
- It’s an open-ended activity and is only closed when other conditions are extremely bad.
- The flying fox is a short activity and takes around 1 hour.
- It’s not recommended for people with back aches and severe ailments.
Want to fly like a bird and get a taste of an adrenalin rush? Then do give wing to your wishes and take up the high-wire action at Victoria Falls.
7. Jet Boat Victoria Falls
Want to experience a high-speed jet ride that is fun and exciting? The adventure Jet Boat Victoria Falls makes you experience the sheer thrill of the powerful river.
This jet boat trip is to the Zimbabwe side of the Zambezi River. The high-speed victoria fall jet boat is made with 465 horsepower. This will take you up and down the rapids in the Batoka Gorge. Once you are on the boat, the jet boat races through the rapids at high speed giving you a breathtaking experience.
- The jet boat Victoria Falls is usually out of operation in April-May due to high waters. It’s also not operational for around 30 days in October and November.
- It usually takes about a 2 to 2.5-hour turnaround.
- The jet boat Victoria Falls usually operates with a minimum of 2 passengers and the maximum capacity is 12.
- The boat operates every day from around 8 am to 4 pm.
- The minimum age required to engage in jet boating is 12 years.
- The cost of a jet boat ride starts from around $110.
If you are searching for the best things to do in Victoria Falls, then this is the one. You aren’t going to be disappointed for sure.
8. River Boarding
River Boarding is basically rafting but without a raft. Basically, an adventure enthusiast can swim across the Zambezi River with a bodyboard and in a wet suit and flippers, a life jacket, and a helmet.
River Boarding originally started as a means of rescue. But now it’s becoming one of the most loved Victoria Falls activities.
- The cost of river boarding starts from around $195.
- It can be generally done in the high water season (mid-January to august) and low water season (august to January).
- The travelers opting to go for river boarding should be fit, healthy, and good swimmers.
- The minimum age to take part in river boarding is 15 years.
Although it seems easy, it’s not. So, make sure to take the help of our professionals and go ahead with your pursuit.
For all adventure loversout there, Victoria Falls is a must-see destination. Hope this read kicks the wanderlust in you and inspires you enough to book your ticket right away.