Are you planning a Victoria Falls Tours? Mosi-Oa-Tunya Falls is one of the most beautiful natural wonders on the planet. And is a destination that is practically on everyone’s bucket list.
But, there are certain things that you should know before your trip. But, don’t trouble yourself, we’ve curated a specialized list of stuff that you should know before your Victoria Falls Tour. It includes some background of the place, some tips, where you should stay, and some interesting facts about Victoria Falls.
Where is Victoria Falls?
Victoria Falls is located halfway along the course of the Zambezi River, at the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia.
How to get to Victoria Falls?
Victoria Falls is easily accessible to visitors
- The nearest airport is Livingstone Airport (LVI). About 12 km away
- Alternate airports are Victoria Falls Airport (VFA), about 19 km away, and Kasane Airport (BBK) which is about 73 km away.
There are two entrance gates, located in the respective countries. They’re close to the border posts with the Victoria Falls Bridge acting as a connection point.
Victoria Falls Entrance Fees – Is it expensive?
The entrance fee is $30(approx.) for international visitors and $20(approx.) for African citizens. If you exit, you have to pay the fee again.
Best Months to visit Victoria Falls!
The best months to visit Victoria Falls is from February to May, just after the summer rains. It’s the time when the volume of the flowing water is at its highest.
But it will depend on what you want to get out of your Trip. If you visit Victoria Falls in the dry season, you’ll get to see some wonderful views and have opportunities to take part in activities like white water rafting and a swim in the Victoria Falls Devil’s Pool as they’re only available during the Low Water Season.
What to pack for your Victoria Falls Trip?
Victoria Falls typically gets very hot in the Summer Season. So, pack accordingly.
- Bring light clothing essentials only.
- Pack sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Bring a wide-brim hat, sunglasses, and a light scarf.
- Bring bug or insect repellent (with DEET)
Don’t forget to bring a raincoat, or a poncho, as the spraying water will leave you soaking wet.
Some helpful suggestions for your Victoria Falls Trip
We’ve created a list of some suggestions and tips that you should keep in mind during your Victoria Falls Tours such as:
- Perform some basic research – About which side you want to visit (Zambia or Zimbabwe), what the Best Time to visit Victoria Falls is, what Victoria Falls Activities you wish to do, what Victoria Falls Accommodations you want to choose, and Getting to and around Victoria Falls i.e. the travel plans and routes.
- Remember to confirm the luggage weight restrictions.
- Take some time to visit the Victoria Falls National Park – It’s famous for its lush rainforests and diverse flora and fauna.
- Take basic precautions and don’t wander around at night.
- Have your best camera equipment – as the scenes of the falls are simply unbelievable and you won’t want to miss out on the perfect picturesque opportunity.
- Visit the famous Victoria Falls Bridge.
- Visit the famous local restaurants and Cafés – Victoria Falls has many mouth-watering food choices. Ensure to visit the Lookout Café and Boma Restaurant.
- Exchange your currency – Make sure to exchange at currency. Only exchange your money at official places like Bureau de Exchange. Having cash will make it easy for paying entrance fees at different locations and help in tipping the staff and guides.
Victoria Falls is typically a very safe place to visit; crime is not as widespread as in some other countries. Although street vendors can be a bit persuasive and might follow you around, they never get violent. Just be wary and ensure that you have your belongings with you at all times.
Keep these suggestions in the back of your mind and you’ll have a wonderful Victoria Falls Tours.
Victoria Falls Activities – Some thrilling activities you can take part in
There are tons of activities to take part in Victoria Falls such as:
- Visiting Victoria Falls – This is pretty clear, as it’s going to be the foremost activity that you’ll have planned. Zimbabwe covers about 75 percent of the Falls. And, has the Victoria Falls Rainforest which is home to varied species of birds, warthogs, monkeys, bushbucks, etc.
- White Water Rafting – It’s only available in the dry season. It’s pretty safe and fun to do. Make sure to go Rafting below the falls where the currents aren’t too strong, for your own safety. August to January is the perfect time to experience the sensations of some of the world’s most exciting rapids. Choose a Half-Day or a Full-Day outing with an expert guide.
- Dip into the Devil’s Pool – This is by and large the most adventurous Victoria Falls Activity as it grants you to explore your inner daredevil by swimming up to the edge of the waterfall and witnessing the flowing water as it makes it’s way upstream and finally over the edge. It is a thrilling activity that makes it into many bucket lists.
- Micro Light Flight – Going on a microlight flight provides exclusive and exceptional views of Victoria Falls. You’ll also get an opportunity to see the gorge formed by the Zambezi River over the course of thousands of years.
Besides these, you can also go Bungee Jumping in Victoria Falls, Hop on a Sunset Cruise, and Go on game drives in Zambezi National Park. And, experience the Boma Dinner and Drum show, and visit local villages or partake in a township tour.
Some Victoria Falls Accommodations – Enjoy a luxurious and relaxing
Victoria Falls offers many luxury and budget choices in terms of accommodations for visitors.
Some Luxury Options are
- Royal Chundu Lodge – It’s a luxury lodge located on the banks of the Zambezi River. It’s just forty minutes away from Victoria Falls. It offers scenic flying rides and cruises on the Zambezi River. From $1100 onwards pp (approx.)
- The Royal Livingstone Hotel – It’s a luxury hotel situated at the border of the Zambezi National Park. It’s just a 5-minute walk from Victoria Falls Tours. It offers Boating Safari on the Zambezi River while also providing uninterrupted views. Many animals like antelopes and zebras can be seen from the deck. Price – From $450 onwards pp (approx.)
Some Budget options are
- Elephant Hills Resort – This is a great budget option during your Victoria Falls Trip. It offers canoe and boat rides, has a golf course, and offers a town tour. It’s just a 10-15 minute drive from Victoria Falls. Price $100-$250 onwards pp (approx.)
- Victoria Falls Rainbow Hotel – Just 2 km away from Victoria Falls, this hotel is also a good budget-friendly option. Price – From $200 onwards pp (approx.)
- Some interesting Facts about Victoria Falls
Before you embark on your Victoria Falls Trip, there are some interesting facts that will pique your interest
- Rain happens all day in Victoria Falls Rainforest – On the Zimbabwean side of the falls, in Victoria Falls Rainforest, is the only place on the planet to see rain every single day of the year.
- You can see a moonbow in Victoria Falls – A moonbow or a lunar rainbow can be witnessed in Victoria Falls. It’s a distinctive phenomenon that occurs in just two places on the planet. It happens when the light of the moon hits the Falls.
- The English name of the falls was given by David Livingstone – He was the first European to see the Falls and he named it after the monarch at the time – Queen Victoria. The natives had so much respect for him that the name has remained unchanged to this day.
Victoria Falls is known as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site (declared in 1989).
So, before you embark on a Victoria Falls Tours, ensure to keep the curated list of things in mind. If you have any queries/and, or suggestions, feel free to contact us on the following details
+263 83 284 1840/1 or
And, you can also check out our other Victoria Falls Blogs like:
Finally, make sure to go through our special curated list of what you wish you would’ve known before your Victoria Falls Tours, ranging from Victoria Falls Activities and comfortable Victoria Falls Accommodations to some fun facts. And, you are likely to have a wonderful experience that will create everlasting memories as you witness ‘The smoke that thunders.’