Certainly! The best time to visit Devil’s Pool is during the dry season runs between August and January. Wondering why? Well….
- The water levels are low during the dry season and the pool is accessible.
- The rocks at the edge of the falls create a natural barrier that prevents swimmers from being swept over the edge.
- Visitors are allowed to safely enjoy the stirring experience of swimming at the very edge of the falls and enjoying the fascinating views.
However, this guide will enlighten you on the best time to visit Devil’s Pool, the weather condition, and the adventurous things to do. So, if you’re planning a trip to Devil’s Pool, Victoria Falls Tour, this post will make you discover more about the optimal time to visit and enjoy your trip.
Understanding The Seasonal Changes In Devil’s Pool
Devil’s Pool is known for its exhilarating swimming experiences. Visitors can swim right to the edge of the falls and peer over the 108-meter drop. The water levels of the Zambezi River are lower and the current is calmer during the dry season from August to November. This allows the visitors to swim safely in Devil’s Pool and approach the edge of the falls.
However, during the rainy season which runs from November to July, the water levels of the Zambezi River rise dramatically. During this time the current becomes much stronger. Swimming in Devil’s Pool during this time is more dangerous and is not allowed anyway.
|Recommended Time to Visit
|Dry Season (July – October)
|Cool and Dry
|Green Season (November – April)
|Hot and Humid
|Shoulder Season (May – June)
|Mild and Dry
Good to Know: The seasonal changes in Devil’s Pool are a result of the natural patterns of the Zambezi River, and visitors should always follow the guidelines and regulations of the local authorities to ensure their safety
Peak Tourist Season At Devil’s Pool
The peak tourist season at Devil’s Pool is during the dry season which typically occurs from around August to January. During this time, the water levels of the Zambezi River are comparatively low and the current is calmer. This makes it safer for visitors to swim in Devil’s Pool and approach the edge of the falls.
Many visitors specifically plan their trips to Devil’s Pool during this time to take advantage of the optimal conditions for swimming. Also, they enjoy the spectacular views of Victoria Falls from the distinctive perspective of the pool.
Good to Know: It’s worth noting that despite the peak tourist season, the number of visitors allowed in Devil’s Pool is limited at any given time to ensure everyone’s safety and to protect the environment. Reservations are required, and visitors should book in advance to secure their spot.
Low Tourist Season At Devil’s Pool
The rainy season which occurs from around December to July is generally considered the low tourist season in devil’s Pool. During this time, the water levels of the Zambezi River rise drastically, and the current becomes much stronger. So, it becomes extremely dangerous to swim in Devil’s Pool during this time. As a result, the pool is closed to visitors during this time.
However, the low tourist season can be an optimal time for Victoria Falls Tour for those who prefer fewer crowds and lower prices. The scenery around the falls is lush and green during this time, and there is still plenty to see and do in the area.
Good to Know: Travellers looking to avoid crowds and save money may want to consider visiting during the shoulder seasons, which fall between the peak and low seasons. These times typically offer a good balance of favourable weather conditions, fewer crowds, and lower prices.
The Best Time To Visit Devil’s Pool
In general, the best time to visit Devil’s Pool is during the dry season, when the weather is favourable, and the pool is open for swimming. However, travellers who want to avoid crowds and save money may want to consider visiting during the shoulder seasons.
- Dry season (August to January): This is the peak tourist season and the best time to visit if you want to swim in Devil’s Pool and address the edge of the falls. The water levels of the Zambezi River are low, and the current is calmer. However, this is also the busiest time of year, so expect crowds and higher prices during your Devil’s Pool Victoria Falls Tour.
- Shoulder seasons (February to April and June to July): These are good times to visit if you want to avoid the crowds of the peak season but still have favorable weather conditions. However, note that Devil’s Pool is closed during the rainy season (May to early June).
- The rainy season (early June to July): This is the low tourist season, and Devil’s Pool is closed during this time due to the high water levels and strong currents. However, the surrounding scenery is lush and green, and there are still plenty of activities to enjoy.
So, the best time to visit Devil’s Pool completely depends on your preferences and what you hope to experience basically.
“Good to Know: Regardless of when you visit, be sure to follow the safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Weather And Temperature Considerations In Devil’s Pool
The weather and temperature at Devil’s Pool can vary depending on the time of year.
- During this time, the weather is generally dry and warm, with temperatures ranging from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius (77 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit). However, temperatures can sometimes reach as high as 40˚C (104˚ F), particularly in October and November.
- Temperatures during the shoulder season range from 20 ˚C to 30 ˚C (68˚F to 86 ˚F), and rainfall is less frequent but still possible.
- Early June to July is the wettest time of year, with frequent rainfall and high humidity. Temperatures during this time range from 20 ˚C to 30 ˚C (68 ˚F to 86 ˚F), with occasional thunderstorms.
Good to Know:Devil's Pool is closed during the rainy season due to the high water levels and strong currents. During the dry season, it's important to take precautions against the heat.
Availability Of Activities In Devil’s Pool
The Activities to do at Devil’s Pool can vary depending on the time of year and weather conditions. Here are some of the activities that visitors can typically enjoy at Victoria Falls Devil’s Pool:
|Dry Season (July-October)
|Green Season (November-April)
|Shoulder Season (May-June)
|White Water Rafting
“Good to Know: some activities, such as swimming in Devil's Pool, are only available during certain seasons or weather conditions. Visitors should check with their tour operator for up-to-date information.
Tips For Booking Your Visit To Devil’s Pool At The Best Time
Follow the below tips to maximize your chances of booking your visit to Victoria Falls Devil’s Pool during the best time of the year:
- Learn about the different seasons and what to expect in terms of weather, crowds, and activity availability. Consider your preferences and what you hope to experience.
- To secure your preferred dates and activities, it’s recommended to book in advance.
- Before booking, check the availability of your preferred activities and tours.
- If you want to avoid crowds and save money, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons.
- If possible, be flexible with your travel dates. This can allow you to take advantage of special offers and promotions, or to adjust your plans based on weather conditions.
Choose Your Best Time And Plan Your Devil’s Pool Trip With Us!
In short, while the dry season is the most popular time to visit with warm and dry weather, the rainy season is the least popular time to visit, with high water levels and strong currents.
Ultimately, the best time to visit Devil’s Pool depends on your preferences and what you hope to experience. By doing your research, checking activity availability, and considering factors such as crowds and weather, you can plan your visit for the best possible experience.
With Falcon Safaris, you will ensure your safety and enjoyment at the same time! So, why not chat with our experts? Let us know about your choice and the rest leave to us! We are guaranteed you the best of your Victoria Falls Tour in first-hand experience.