Imagine cruising freely between 2 countries, 2 National Parks, and just 2 kilometers away from the largest waterfall in the world. It’s twice the thrill, twice the excitement and double the adventure, all for the price of one. The only question is, why would you have to imagine it though when you can simply experience it by going on an amazing Victoria Falls Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River?
You get the amazing opportunity of cruising between Zambia and Zimbabwe, two beautiful countries, and between two National Parks, the Zambezi National Park and the Mosi Oa Tunya National Park. From the comfort of your boat, you will see the rising smoke of Victoria Falls and you will catch a glimpse of the rainbow that forms as the sun rays penetrate through the rising spray of water.
The flora and fauna
-The abundance of water creates lush forests and dense vegetation that give off an environment of rich and diverse tropical green land. This is a splendor to the eyes, and it evokes a sense of life within the mind.
-It also attracts Africa’s finest wildlife, and you will always spot them on the riverbanks and even in the river particularly elephants that love the water and are very good swimmers.
-Hippos and crocodiles frequently dominate the waters of the Zambezi and regularly move in and out of the water.
-Along the Zambezi, one can also spot giraffes, buffaloes, waterbucks, impala, kudu, zebras, and occasionally very rare pythons.
Why You Must Not Miss Going On A Sunset Cruise?
The sunset cruise is one of the best things you can do in your Victoria Falls Tours. One of the best things about the Zambezi is that it is well known for its spectacular sunsets and the beautiful silhouette that comes with them on the distant horizon. The sight alone is remarkable and the relaxation that comes with it is out of this world. All this complemented with premium amenities and a luxury treatment calls for a good time if you ask me. Apart from relaxation, a sunset cruise provides the best setting for a romantic and intimate excursion on the water, a perfect time to connect with loved ones in an unforgettable way.
Sunset cruise also offers an incredible opportunity to socialize and mingle with people while enjoying lively music and singing. What better way to do it than while cruising away on the river?
What to Carry on the Sunset Cruise?
From the Victoria Falls Activities, the sunset cruise is amongst the activities that are open throughout the year.
- You need to carry sunglasses to protect your eyes as well as look fashionable whilst at it.
- Don’t forget to carry your cameras as the views are spectacular including wildlife and the African sunsets.
- You can also bring binoculars so that you can zoom in on smaller animals on the islands and the birds on treetops.
- In winter it can get chilly, don’t forget to pack a jacket, or wear long-sleeved clothing as the river can get cold.
What Will You Eat?
- The Victoria Falls Sunset Cruise offers an open bar with a variety of local beers, soft drinks, fruit juices, spirits, and whiskey. You can drink as much as you want as it will already be included in the price of the cruise, you don’t have to pay extra for the drinks.
- You will also be served delicious finger snacks.
Twilight on the Zambezi with Victoria Falls Sunset Cruise
The sunset cruise is one of the best Victoria Falls Activities. It is relaxing and not to mention therapeutic. The Zambezi River makes it even better with its enchanting environment that lurks with surprises at every corner.